Details
FOOTAGE number
SAP662352
Title
Syntagma Square, Parliament House
Date
2011 AD (C21st AD)
Description
In 1833 Greece's capital city moved from Nauplion to Athens. Following the appointment of Prince Otto of Bavaria as King of Greece, a palace was designed and built to house the King and his ministries. The design and construction of the palace was assigned to German Architect Friedrich von Gartner, and was finished in 1843. It has since gone through many renovations and reconstructions. In 1929 the Greek government was moved from the Parliament House on Stadiou Street to the Palace. The three-storey building has two Entrances. The front Entrance is facing the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. The Monument is guarded by the Evzones, an infantry unit of the Greek army. The Monument was inaugurated on March 25th, 1932, the Greek National Day.
Photo credit
© Samuel Magal, Sites & Photos Ltd. / Bridgeman Images
Keywords
civilisation / decoration / city / nineteenth century / greek / man / athens / monuments / men / heritage / landmarks / clear sky / landmark / site / outside / guards / destinations / syntagma square / pavilions / civilizations / travel / archaeological / historical / cultural / pans / decorations / background people / 2000s / ancient / twenty first century / old / monument / memorial / area / guard / 19th century / archaeology / parliament house / cities / modern / c19th / outdoors / modernity / old town / famous place / day / civilization / c21st / town / ruins / ruin / famous places / footage / male / stage / pan / culture / pavilion / neo-classical / 21st century / mediterranean / attraction / tourism / towns / destination / europe / daylight / history / greece / c21 / 2011 / national / c19 / video / clip
Intervals
Availability
Dimension [pixels] File size [MB] Duration [Seconds] Online Purchase
Footage 1920 × 1080 px 386 MB 13
Copyright
Out of copyright

Back to top