Bridgeman Logo
[]
Your ongoing selection
Asset(s) Assets
{"event":"pageview","page_type1":"catalog","page_type2":"collection_partners","language":"en","user_logged":"false","user_type":"ecommerce","nl_subscriber":"false"}

FITZWILLIAM MUSEUM

Collection Overview

The Fitzwilliam Museum was founded in 1816 by the bequest of Viscount Fitzwilliam of Merrion to the University of Cambridge and contains magnificent collections of works of art and antiquities of natural and international importance. These include antiquities from Ancient Egypt, Greece and Rome, Roman and Romano-Egyptian, Western Asiatic and Cypriot Art; applied arts, including sculpture, furniture, clocks and rugs, coins and medals, illuminated manuscripts and printed books; paintings, drawings and prints.
The Fitzwilliam Museum was founded in 1816 by the bequest of Viscount Fitzwilliam of Merrion to the University of Cambridge and contains magnificent collections of works of art and antiquities of natu ...

Search all assets for this partner

Collection

Repeating gold watch with gold enamel chatelaine, by Perigal, London, c.1760-70
Liverpool water-bottle with enamelled chinoiserie decoration, c.1750 (earthenware)
Wine or ale glass, c.1690
The Annunciation, predella panel from the St. Lucy Altarpiece, c.1442-48 (tempera on panel)
The Pashley Sarcophagus, frieze showing the triumphal return of Dionysus from the East, Roman, from Arvi in Crete, c.125-150 AD (marble)
Egyptian snake shaped gaming board, used for the serpent game `Mehen', 3rd century BC (alabaster with jasper inlay)
The Chariot of Apollo, 1907-10 (oil on canvas)
A hill with Colonnade, various motifs and Inscribed Verse, by R. Benjamin, 19th century (wool embroidered with polychrome silks)
Staffordshire plate depicting King Charles II (1630-85) and Queen Catherine of Braganza (1638-1705) (earthenware)
Tile with two parrots, Turkish, Isnik, 17th century
Six tin-glazed earthenware tiles, with Chinoiserie scenes, probably Bristol, c.1725-50
Maiolica dish depicting the Virgin and Child, Urbino, c.1580-1600 (tin glazed earthenware)